Monday, January 24, 2011

everything is pink!

   Hi everyone!  This blog entry is a little bit of a fun one and is based all on Team Keebler's favorite color... PINK!
   First and foremost, we had a BLAST watching the AKC Eukanuba National Championship aire yesterday on ABC.  Even though we already knew who won and placed in all of the groups & who got Best In Show, we still loved watching it!  Again, our congratulations to CH Propwash Reckon, the Australian Shepherd who exampled our breed and took Best In Show in Long Beach - the first ever herding dog to win Best In Show! Congrats Reckon, we're proud of you!  Keebler and I love the color of Eukanuba pink!
   Secondly, we finally got everything switched over from our old ratty cracked Metro into our new pink tack box.  We love it!  It's very spacious and holds everything we own!  We also had a little bit of a clean-out session and got rid of some tools we no longer use.  We're only missing one thing... all of my doggy dental hygiene tools!  Although I am fairly sure I left them in a pocket of my apron last time I cleaned Keebler's teeth.
   Now on a "no-longer-pink" note, while I was cleaning out my old Metro I found the first choker Keebler wore at his first puppy match... It's so tiny!  I remember I bought him a gold one for "good luck" and so I would always remember that it was his first choker.  I can't believe how big he has gotten since he first wore that choker!  It's so cute and little and it's still attached to his first show lead, too.
   Well that is all from us tonight!  We're waiting for this weather to get better so we can go out on a run!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Team Keebler!

    How exciting was it to see a Aussie win the AKC Eukanuba National Championship? I was thrilled- Bev, my teammate at Eukanuba and I had a little bit of a rivalry going on- she is a fan of Bichon's so Drummer Boy was her pick. I however am a long time fan of Aussie's and my own Aussie, Sedona, thinks she is a long lost relative to Reckon. I'll just let her continue to think that ;-)

    Want to know the official name of the Eukanuba pink? Rhodamine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jen, we saw that on Twitter! Just by coincidence our whole bedroom is painted in Rhodamine! :)
    We were VERY excited to see Reckon win it! A very very beautiful Aussie and a great representation of the breed.
    I'm hope that next year I can be in Orlando, whether it be watching or even possibly helping the Eukanuba team out... That would be the chance of a lifetime! You and Bev are so lucky to do what you do everyday!

    ReplyDelete