Monday, May 23, 2011

just a routine check-in!

   Hi everyone, sorry for the massive lack of blogging. Things have been super crazy busy here in western Ohio with preparation for the end of my sophomore year of college. It's so crazy how quickly time flies by really, it seems like just yesterday I was walking across the podium to get my high school diploma! And now here I am, about a third of the way done with college.
   In all honesty Team Keebler has been on a break with all this studying I've been doing for my anatomy class. Our first priority always is grooming, which I try to keep up on as much as I can. I've been spending most of my time down here at school while Keebler has been at home chilling out at the Wolfe Estate, so we haven't accomplished as much grooming and training as I'd like to. I was home on Saturday and the day was gorgeous, so we went out for some routine training to keep our brains fresh and on their game! It started out great, but not very long into our training session it got so hot for both of us that we ended up quitting early! No need to spend a ton of time out of the harsh heat, especially with shedding season coming into play. Plus I don't ever want Keebler to ever get dehydrated or sick, so I try to keep him in the cool without getting his muscles too chilled. My main concern during this time of the year is always to keep Keebler healthy, even if it means he may lose more coat that some of his fellow competitors.
   Lately Keebler has found a new hobby that he loves - laying under the shade of a tree! I swear, that dog could lay out in the cool shade under the sunshine from breakfast until dinnertime. He loves to be outdoors, but who doesn't? Like I've always told Keebs, "There is no reason to be cooped up inside while the weather outside is perfectly fine!" Although we both love the sunshine, we aren't too fond of the sticky heat! My mom and dad just bought a new really nice porch swing for our deck, so usually at night before bed Keebler and I sit out there and enjoy the breeze. I love the swing, but Keebler isn't to sure of why his mommy is moving back and forth while he is trying to get a pat on the head!
   That's really all I have for now guys - our next show is in mid-June, so I'm sure once school lets out I'll have much more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment